There are many ways and preferences when it comes travel, but with the growing focus in socially responsible themes like sustainability, we see the same trend in travel.
In this episode, Jami Savage from AdventureAwaits shares her knowledge and passion for transformational travel. She talks about the elements to consider in transformational travel and how these play a huge role when planning a family trip.
We discuss how kids can benefit from purposeful travel outside of the classroom and maybe even develop/uncover their interests in certain topics. Are there benefits to pulling kids from classes for travel trips and how to balance academics with world discovery.
We also go into travel industry trends and what tourism boards are focusing on in the Post Covid world. What are some interesting strategies that destinations can leverage on to capture attention in the traditional low travel seasons.
- 00:42: Introduction
- 3:35: Traveling since young
- 7:29: Transformational and regenerative travel
- 11:08: Trends in society reflecting in the way people travel
- 18:16: Reflecting and learning from travel experiences
- 25:10: Pulling kids out of school for travel.The combination of academics and world learning
- 32:01: How travel shape your kids’ interests
- 38:55: How kids can help adults rediscover their youthful self during travel
- 44:59: How the travel industry is adjusting to post pandemic world
- 52:46: How destinations can tap on their local advantages to build off season travel
- 58:09: The transformational travel council
- 1:05:00: Quick fire questions and tips from Jami
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND JAMI SAVAGE HERE: