Over 70% of the Earth is Ocean and Living the Boat Life offers you access to some of the most beautiful views that may never be experienced by land travel. However, life on the boat is not always easy.
In this episode, Ryan and Sophie from ryanandsophiesailing talks about how they got into a life of sailing, and the challenges behind it.
We talk about the extreme highs and lows, some unseen pitfalls and tips for success in this lifestyle. Ryan and Sophie share the raw truth behind difficulties in juggling a romantic relationship on board a limited space amidst sometimes challenging sea conditions, and their coping mechanisms.
That said, we discuss how travel has changed our perspectives and create growth personally and in the relationships we have with people.
- 00:42: Introduction
- 2:53: Transiting to the sailing life
- 05:51: Buying a sailboat as a beginner
- 10:30: A different form of travel experience
- 19:30: Dealing with seasickness
- 26:53: Managing couple relations while dealing with challenges of sailing
- 36:43: Sailing & traveling alone vs as a couple
- 41:32: Personal growth and reflections from travel
- 45:56: Managing work with sailing
- 52:15: Biggest challenges in leading a boat life
- 58:12: Quick fire questions and tips from Ryan and Sophie
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND RYAN AND SOPHIE HERE: