Be it your gender, race, lifestyle, sexual orientation, or any other identity – how do you represent your community while also respectfully observing local culture.
In this episode, Brent and Michael from brentandmichaelaregoingplaces shares their transition into nomadic life, and how the new lifestyle has brought about new perspectives, communities and friends for them.
They share their experience when traveling as a gay couple in their 50s; what are things to look out for and how they approach interactions. We talk about interesting happenings on their adventures and how they acknowledge their own values while empathising with and respecting those of other cultures.
We discuss the ability to balance both sides of the coin in various controversial debates surrounding travel, the nomadic lifestyle, mindset and foreign politics.
- 00:42: Introduction
- 5:57: Transiting to the nomad life
- 10:55: Biggest challenge in the transition
- 15:00: Sell or keep the house?
- 19:10: Mindset and perspectives
- 23:00: Making friends and connections during travel
- 36:09: Things to consider when traveling as a gay couple
- 40:30: Representing your views and community while respecting local culture
- 50:00: Being empathetic, understanding different perspectives and breaking stereotypes
- 59:05: Travel experiences as gay couples and takeaways
- 1:09:22: Quick fire questions and tips from Brent and Michael
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND BRENT AND MICHAEL HERE: