From delicious food and passionate people to beautiful beaches and colourful culture, Mexico is a popular destination amongst expats and digital nomads.
In this episode, Sara Tyler shares her experiences of moving to Mexico as an expat. We talk about the pros and cons of life in Mexico as well as the cost of living.
We discuss how the different regions stack up against each other. With some of the coastal cities getting extremely touristic and expensive, what are some of the good cities for longer term stay that offers a more cultural and local experience.
More importantly, Sara selflessly opens up about her personal experience in a less commonly addressed topic. We talk about the mental mindset of balancing the innate need to travel vs responsibilities to be present for.
How do you make sure you are aware of your own mental wellbeing while taking care of others. What are some practical ways to stay positive amidst challenging life situations.
- 00:52: Introduction
- 4:24: Getting to know Mexico
- 9:15: What’s special about Veracruz
- 15:38: Factors to consider when choosing a city
- 19:11: Cost of living in Veracruz and potential nomad hubs
- 26:20: Do you need Spanish to live in Mexico
- 29:42: Gringo prices and scams
- 32:28: Cons of living in Mexico
- 38:13: How to manage travel when family is ill
- 44:13: Considering and understanding different perspectives
- 48:48: Balancing what matters to you and your loved ones
- 53:52: Physical home or the concept of family as an anchor
- 57:30: Getting into the publishing business and the keys to success
- 1:06:59: Quick fire questions and travel tips from Sara
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND SARA TYLER HERE: