Storytelling is a powerful tool for yourself and for others. The story you tell others, and the story that others tell you, can ultimately affect the story you tell yourself. Many talk about storytelling as a marketing tool in the business sense, but it is equally true that it affects your choices and decisions in life.
Are you living a life following your own story or are you just following the story that others place upon you?
In this episode, we chat about the nomadic lifestyle with Graham Brown, the Founder of Pikkal & Co. We talk about his journey in the mindset change, finding his path and true joy in a minimal, nomad life after achieving society’s definition of “success”. We compare differences between family and solo travel, showing that even within the community of digital nomads, there is no ONE specific lifestyle. Everyone has their own story to tell, and narrate.
Graham shares why it is important to live life on your terms, and the pain of regret. We dive deep in exploring mindset shifts and how you can rethink if you are genuinely pursuing what you want or simply living a life others or society defined for you.
- 00:42: Introduction
- 03:27: Discovering new cultures, perspectives and mindsets
- 9:28: Breaking values, “norms” and embracing the unfamiliar
- 14:03: Realising you are living a story others place upon you
- 19:24: Challenges of transiting to nomadic lifestyle
- 22:04: Travel tempo and identifying potential bases
- 33:07: Living life on your own terms
- 36:30: How the rise of remote work affect businesses and entrepreneurs
- 47:04: Storytelling in life. What’s the story you tell yourself?
- 54:21: The three truths
- 1:00:00: Living life without regrets
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND GRAHAM BROWN HERE: