With more cities and locations developing into nomad hubs, will the magical Arctic Circle be the next hot spot?
In this episode, Jay Topp the producer of upcoming nomad documentary – Digital North: Coworking in the Arctic Circle talks about his experience up in the Nordic countries. He shares about the challenges in the filming process, why he chose to tell the story of the Arctic circle and what are things to look out for when living in this part of the world for an extended period.
We also talk about Jay’s journey into a nomadic life, how travel has changed his perspectives and why the Arctic represents something deeper to him than just another travel destination.
- 00:39: Introduction
- 4:11: Starting out with traveling
- 5:20: Why the Nordic Region and Arctic Circle?
- 9:00: The grass is different on the other side
- 11:05: A geographical environment that represents the edge of limits
- 15:33: How travel changes perspectives
- 17:55: Film teaser and introduction
- 20:57: Digital Nomad life in the Arctic Circle
- 26:44: Cost of living in the Nordic region
- 29:48: The challenges of filming a documentary in the Arctic Circle
- 33:39: A way of life in a tranquil environment with extreme weather
- 40:14: Experience from first film production
- 47:37: Tips for nomading in the Arctic Circle
- 50:00: Updates on film release and future plans
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND JAY TOPP HERE: