As the digital nomad boom continues, and more nomadic travelers seek out a new community throughout the world, we look at what does it take to launch a Digital Nomad Initiative?
Mario Mrkša, the Founder of Work Remotely Croatia reflects on the challenges and process of setting up Digital Nomad Valley Zadar from scratch. As the first season of the Valley closes out to make way for the busy Croatia tourism season, Mario shares the insights and learnings from the first season of operating such an initiative. We look at what worked, what did not, what are the various positive and negative things that are out of expectations.
Mario also shares what the team is looking out for in Season 2 and also the expansion of the Digital Nomad Valley initiative.
- 00:42: Introduction
- 03:54: Just started with a new initiative
- 10:11: Digital Nomads as a new market group for industries
- 13:17: The importance of community
- 18:48: Demographics of Nomads coming to Croatia
- 20:43: What activities are popular among nomads
- 22:59: Overcoming negativity and criticisms
- 30:09: Adapting as things progress
- 32:52: The impact of media coverage in creating awareness
- 38:30: What worked and what didn’t?
- 40:40: Looking towards the future and next season
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND WORK REMOTELY CROATIA HERE: