Travel is often considered a luxury spending when trying to achieve FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early). However, when combined with slow travel and digital nomad lifestyle, travel could be beneficial towards the financials depending on where and how you travel.
Eric from Nomad on FIRE shares how his journey to FIRE changed when he moved from a traditional work life to digital nomadism, and back to office life with the pandemic. We talk about things to think about when incorporating long term finance planning into a travel lifestyle, the importance of personal finance, as well as travel hacks to stretch your budget.
- 06:27: The concept of FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early)
- 10:00: Different types of FIRE
- 12:55: Can you mix travel with achieving FIRE
- 20:00: Experimenting with the digital nomad lifestyle
- 25:24: Going back to regular work life and the differences
- 29:34: Planning for different future scenarios
- 34:08: FIRE as a guiding framework
- 43:50: Tips and challenges from other Nomads on FIRE
- 49:25: Real estate and growth of nomad hubs
- 58:22: Traveling to different places for experiences before deciding
- 1:01:52: Advice for aspiring digital nomads
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND NOMADONFIRE HERE: