Travel is comparatively easy now with all the information at our fingertips, but this was not always the case. In this episode, we speak to OG globetrotter Nora Dunn from The Professional Hobo about how her nomadic journey started more than a decade ago when technology was not as advanced as we know it.
In hindsight, things were different back then. It wasn’t just travel that was boosted by technology but also job/business opportunities. Nora shares how she gave it all up in the early days and went in search of a new life. We dive deep into perception changes through travel, as well as how it is much easier to build a remote career today. Find out insights about the business of blogging as well as what might be installed for the future of digital nomads and remote workers.
Nora’s Checklist of 10 Things to Do Before You Travel Long Term
- 01:10: Risking it all for a different lifestyle
- 10:16: Experiencing different cultures in India
- 18:53: Can you have travel burnout?
- 25:56: Hostels vs Airbnbs. Locals vs Travelers. How to hang with different groups with traveling.
- 35:52: The finances of travel
- 41:03: The evolution of blogging
- 53:20: Changes in the content game with richer media channels
- 55:21: Adapting your business models to consumer behaviors
- 57:59: Lifestyle design
- 1:06:56: Future changes in travel lifestyle, remote work and global landscape
- 1:12:16: Quick fire travel and remote work tips from Nora
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND NORA DUNN HERE: