We all want to get the best bang for our buck regardless if it is on a short travel trip or a longer term nomadic life.
In this episode, Tim Leffel, award winning travel writer and author of the books “World’s Cheapest Destination” and “A Better Life For Half The Price” (amongst others) shares his travel tips through decades of travel.
We speculate on the new state of travel following 2 major shifts in the travel industry. From the rising travel costs to the remote work/nomad movement, we talk about the latest observations and trends. More importantly, we discuss age old cost saving strategies that still applies, and what are some things to look out so you avoid making costly mistakes.
- 00:41: Introduction
- 3:39: Rising costs of travel as world opens
- 9:22: Will budget airlines scale again
- 12:14: Accommodations when traveling
- 17:08: Ways to stretch your travel budget when traveling
- 20:49: Understanding flights and hubs
- 25:32: Absolute cost vs time/comfort cost
- 30:08: Remote work in the new state of travel
- 35:31: Nomad hotspots and debates around impacts
- 43:13: Balkans and other underrated destinations
- 47:37: Determining cheapest destinations and getting out of tourist hotspots
- 50:59: Taking advantage of currency strengths and economic changes
- 56:56: Quick fire questions and tips from Tim Leffel
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND TIM LEFFEL HERE: