Our present and future is often impacted by our past as well. Francis Nayan from the Nomad Newsletter shares how his near death experience from Heroin addiction was an important turning point in his life. Breaking free from his addiction, he goes on to build a successful email marketing career and travels around the world today.
In this episode, we talk about the mindset changes that happen in such life-changing moments, and discuss about the future of remote work and digital landscape. In addition, Francis shares what are some ways to get started with remote work, tips to practice when reviewing online courses and how to build a successful business on the road.
- 01:25: Youth as an immigrant
- 03:57: Multi-identity for travelers?
- 11:45: Trigger for heroin addiction
- 17:00: Overdose incident
- 21:36: Bumps as stepping stones to evolution
- 25:46: Getting started with traveling and living abroad
- 29:33: Finding the nomad community and life
- 32:48: Are courses and coaches a good way to start
- 36:06: Identifying scams and finding the right things for you
- 37:00: Getting started with copywriting
- 41:45: Scaling the business from a solopreneur
- 43:58: Balancing business growth and lifestyle
- 51:07: Budapest as a home base
- 59:43: Quick fire travel and remote work tips from Francis
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND FRANCIS NAYAN HERE: