As the digital nomad community grows, there are increasing discussions both externally and within about the impacts this community can have globally.
From a simple work and travel concept to now a global community that have significant global impact, Goncalo Hall from Nomad X discusses the positive and negative impacts that digital nomads can have on local communities, and the building of Digital Nomad Villages.
He shares what are the challenges in setting up different nomad hubs and why it is important to understand the market requirements in order to create a beneficial model for everyone. We discuss the shift in the dynamics of the nomadic community and how to harness the positives of nomads through community building. We also dive into the future of the nomad movement and what further impacts will digital nomads continue to have as new conversations about world issues are sparked within this global community.
- 00:41: Introduction
- 06:24: The rise of unpopulated, rural spots
- 8:17: Digital Nomads as a new impact group
- 14:35: Steps of repopulation and setting up a hub
- 20:20: Factors to determine a suitable location and potential challenges
- 29:44: What determines potential and when to give up
- 35:18: Key to working with governments and building a network
- 39:16: Creating a global community with coordinated effort
- 50:51: The future of the Digital Nomad Movement
- 55:34: Global issues and long term impacts
- 58:34: Understanding the different remote work and traveling groups
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND GONCALO HALL HERE: