It is often said that “Digital Nomadism is a lifestyle, not an occupation”; and lifestyle can change with age and perceptions. In this episode, we speak to Ruta Dambyte from Baltic Breeze Travel about how the pandemic created a reflection opportunity to her past decade in business and the privileges of a nomadic life.
Ruta shares her experiences in traveling with nomad communities, as well as her transition into slower travel with more “me” time. We dive deeper into what are potential factors of creating a nomad community and how the Baltics can improve to attract more remote workers.
- 01:12: Introduction
- 03:16: Why start a travel business
- 05:58: Taking risks when young
- 08:56: Management of a remote travel business
- 14:25: Personal travel style and what makes a destination attractive
- 19:01: Pros and cons of traveling with a nomadic community
- 27:13: Connecting with a crew that understands you
- 34:44: Baltics as a nomad destination
- 41:12: Is remote work from pandemic an accurate representation?
- 44:55: Elements to make a destination successful for nomads
- 48:39: Challenges of remote work
- 51:50: Changes in nomad landscape
- 59:20: A different perception of time in travel after travel
- 1:00:00:Quick fire travel and remote work tips from Ruta
- 1:04:43: How the pandemic became a reflection point for life and business
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND RUTA DAMBYTE HERE: