Conscious planning is an important step in building a lifestyle around the important things and values that matter to you.
In this episode, Mikkel and Dan from Sometimes Home, Sometimes Sailing shares how they took the pandemic period to restructure their lifestyle around a central theme of freedom – focusing on location, finance and time.
Throughout the conversation, you will find insightful tips on how to set up your business operations to build for freedom of location and time, how to manage work on the road and key strategies that made the difference. We also discuss lifestyle considerations when it comes to planning for long term travel, and how that might differ from shorter trips.
- 00:41: Introduction
- 2:42: Determining important values to you
- 6:38: Freedom of Time in business
- 15:37: Starting a travel blog
- 19:21: One key strategy implemented for consultancy business
- 23:44: One key strategy implemented for travel blogs
- 30:36: Handling work while traveling
- 43:27: Owning a home: Asset or Liability?
- 49:20: Plans can adapt with life changes. Live with no regrets
- 59:47: Planning for long term travel vs shorter trips
- 1:03:54: Quick fire questions and tips from Mikkel and Dan
FOLLOW MORE PODCAST EPISODES HERE:
FIND MIKKEL AND DAN HERE: